Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 1996 02:08:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   lang/tcl75 will be removed soon

I understand that with Peter and Chuck's changes to tcl in /usr/src,
there is no need for another copy of tcl-7.5 to be in the ports tree
anymore.  I will remove it shortly, so please update your ports to use
the one in /usr/lib.

In particular, the library is in /usr/lib as "libtcl.so.75.0" and
"libtcl75.so.1.0" (they are hard links), tcl.h is in /usr/include and
some others headers are in /usr/include/tcl/{generic,unix}.  Some
scripts (including tclConfig.sh) are in /usr/libdata/tcl.

Also, it is strongly recommended that ports that use older versions of
tcl/tk be updated to use tcl-7.5/tk-4.1.  (I know I know, I'll fix kp
when I get a new tcl book.)

Satoshi