Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 09:43:31 -0500
From:      Glenn Becker <chexmix@burningclown.com>
To:        pg@eth1.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba 470CDT

> > We run an even dozen of these 470CDT's
> > They have 1024x768 screens which run well in Xf86 ver
> > 3 series

Hi,

As it turned out I got FreeBSD installed, and X configured, with very little
difficulty on New Year's Eve.

I'm next wondering, though, about a PCMCIA card, which I don't currently
possess. The docs on freebsd.org say only 16-bit cards are compatible with
FreeBSD. I've cursorily looked through /etc/defaults/pccard.conf, but am
wondering how to cross-ref this with what'll work in this model laptop.

Peter - do any of the machines you're running have pc cards in 'em? If so,
what make/model and where can I get one? :-)

Apologies, all ... I'm rather hardware-challenged and have a shallow wallet.
So I need to be careful.

Thx,

Glenn Becker