Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:14:00 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are There any Free Tools to do Remote SQL Queries?

# martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu / 2002-12-17 11:08:17 -0600:
> 	We may need to make sql queries to a Microsoft server
> from a FreeBSD system.  I am in an area of which I am totally
> unfamiliar and there is a bit of a time factor involved.
>
> 	The object is to retrieve text files containing the
> results of the query so that scripts can be generated based upon
> the information.  That, I can handle.  The problem is in figuring
> out the best way to access the MS server from here.

    roman@freepuppy ~ 1008:0 > cat /usr/ports/databases/freetds/pkg-descr
    This is TDS protocol library (CTlib/DBlib) that is used to connect to
    Microsoft and Sybase SQL servers. This can be used instead of native
    libraries, that are shipped with commercial products.

    WWW: http://www.freetds.org/
    roman@freepuppy ~ 1009:0 >