Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:59:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      <up@3.am>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: partition sizes

for the mail server, I'd go:

500MB   /
1.5GB   /usr
4GB     /var  (put half of that in /home if you're using qmail)
2GB     /home

For the web server (assuming customer sites are in ~):

500MB   /
2.5GB   /usr
1GB     /var
4GB     /home

There are sooo many variables, of course...where are the customer web logs
going to be? etc..)

up@3.am							    http://3.am