Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 1998 16:45:21 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@asme.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wd0s1e hard errors

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean.

If space is the problem, all stuff that is unnecessary for the
installation, like the dib map of the screensaver, should be left out of
the boot floppy. a second "bloated" kernel can be installed afterwards.
Keep BAD144 !

I add that my experience with new users indicates that they don't trust
FreeBSD at first, and therefore will install it on the oldest machine
available, before they decide to move.

	Pedro.