Date:      Sat, 06 Sep 1997 00:33:04 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        accent@inficad.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp.conf

> I have tried several ways tos et up my ppp to dial my provider and no luck.
> When I dial manually with the 'term' command in ppp I can connect with no
> problems however when I type 'load MyISP' and 'dial' it connects but does
> not establish ppp connection. In other words the ppp on accent> does not
> change to PPP on accent> any suggestions would help greatly.  I am willing
> to send a copy of my ppp.conf to anyone interested.

Enable some logging to find out how your dial/login script doesn't
match what you're typing manually:

  set log +chat +connect

(that's assuming you're running a reasonably recent version - if not,
get one from http://www.freebsd.org/~brian).
--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;