Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:29:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Penske or Budget?

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Dan Langille wrote:

> If you had to rent a 10' or 16' truck for a 1500 mile trip, would you
> pick Penske or Budget?

Or another suggestion ...

We used ABF to ship our belongings about 2270 highway miles. They dropped
off a trailer for a few days at our home, we packed it with friends, and
they picked it up and drove it for us. Then they delivered the trailer
when we requested. (Also they can charge on a partial truck load too, so
maybe 10' or 16' is possible.)

We figured it would cost about the same to have them drive the truck
versus us using Budget and paying for expensive fuel, food, motel rooms,
my loss of time, and -- in our case -- a flight home so I could drive a
second time with my family. Have a look at ABF to see if their prices
compare.

The awesome thing about us choosing to use ABF is that we could drive at
our own pace and visit many sites and friends versus being on a quick
timeline driving a rental truck (which may not even perform like you
want).

We also looked at storage containers like PODS and another similar company
but they cost a lot more than ABF and they are a lot smaller.

  Jeremy C. Reed