Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:06:08 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suspend/resume panic in ACPI..

Nate Lawson wrote:
> S=F8ren Schmidt wrote:
>=20
>> Nate Lawson wrote:
>>
>>> Try the attached patch.
>>
>> OK, that makes the box suspend alright, but neither that nor any other=
=20
>> box or laptop I've got can get out of suspend without locking up.
>>
>> If I revert just /sys/dev/acpica and /sys/i386/acpica to aug-01 both=20
>> suspend and resume works (sortof, it does tend to panic later on).
>> It starts failing around aug-05 and then detoriates from that on to=20
>> the current state of locking up hard on resume.
>> It also fails in the exact same way on non-ATA systems, so I think I'm=
=20
>> out of the loop this time :)
>=20
> This may be fixed now in both current and releng_5.  A logic inversion =

> bug (=3D / !=3D) was causing pci irq link programming on resume to fail=
=2E  It=20
> didn't impact many people since a lot of systems have chipsets that kee=
p=20
> power to irq links while suspended.
>=20
> Please test again.

There is no change, the systems all lock up hard on resume, on the two=20
laptops (ASUS & Acer) the backlight doesn't even come on anymore....

Again reverting /sys/dev/acpica and /sys/i386/acpica back to aug 1st=20
make things work (well almost, but that might not be ACPI's fault)...

This is a showstopper bug for 5.3 IMHO...

-S=F8ren