Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:19:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      andy@neu.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More dependency hell

I am trying to install OpenOffice 1.1.1 on a box with a fresh install of
5.2.1Release.  I get Java to compile and install, however Openoffice
chokes because it starts to update all the Gnome stuff.  I cannot get the
update script to run sucessfully, so now the Openoffice install dies and
Gnome is hosed as well.  I tried to install the OO package, and I get the
following error:

[root@athlon ~]# pkg_add -r openoffice
Error: FTP Unable to get
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/Latest/openoffice.tbz:
File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch
'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.2.1-release/Latest/openoffice.tbz'
by URL
[root@athlon ~]#

Am I stuck here, or is there a way out?  Thanks in advance for any and all
help.

Andy