Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 05:26:08 +1000
From:      Quinn Ellis <Quinn1@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding hardware for driver developers

At 02:07 PM 14/01/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, the usual method would be to submit a patch to enable that card to
>work. Generally hardware support is added by users of the hardware.
>
>--Adam

I have no programming skills, and am just learning FreeBSD as an
alternative to other evils.

I tried to email this list before, buy my email never showed up for some
reason.

I have just purchased a Videologic SonicXplosion, which is a rebadged
Terratec SixPack.  It uses the CS4630 chipset, which doesn't appear to be
supported, or mentioned in the documentation.

The csa bridge driver allows the generic audio drivers including pcm(4)
      to attach to the following PCI sound cards:
      o Crystal Semiconductor CS461x/462x Audio Accelerator
      o Crystal Semiconductor CS428x Audio Controller
      Some onboard CS4610 chips accompany with not CS4297 AC97 codec but CS423x
      ISA codec.  Such the configuration is not supported by csa yet.

Regards,
Quinn Ellis