Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:35:06 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
Subject:   Re: loader on Dell INSPIRON 1501: BTX halted

--nextPart5194898.T9MJgrET8K

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:51:51 +0300
>
> Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Take patch from
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/realbtx
> > (rev. 2). The new loader is at the same location, but it seems that
> > I did not saved new boot2. You need to install both boot block and
> > loader obtained from the build with the realbtx patch applied, to
> > you USB HDD drive.
>
> Just for fun, I tested this patch on an Acer Aspire 5672AWLMi laptop.
> (See this page[1] for my adventures with this laptop.)
> This laptop doesn't say "BTX halted", it just scrolls a lot of text
> (register dumps?) across the screen forever.

You could try this one as well..
http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/btx_crx.patch

Although I have tried both and it works for some systems but not others=20
(eg Supermicro C2SBA bombs scrolling stack dumps over and over so fast=20
I can't take a picture of it).

I should be getting another system like it soon so I can test it again,=20
hopefully I'll get time to add some 'go slow' routines to the stack=20
trace so I can actually record it :)

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum