Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:27:36 -0000
From:      "Greg Quinlan" <greg@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Slapd (LDAP) Problems

----- Original Message -----
From: David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>

> The distribution requirements for openldap are much more restrictive than
> those for the old ldap. I'd hate to see the more retricted one replace the
> freer one.
>
> DS

Sorry how so?

See:

http://www.openldap.org/software/release/license.html

The only difference I can see is that the development of openldap, is as its
name suggests, "open." That any modifications to the "core standard product"
be publicly shared, and properly documented. Selling Openldap as a separate
product is also NOT allowed. Selling support, Selling it as part of another
product, Selling installation of it.....etc is permitted. Essentially your
not allowed to steal-it call it your own!!!

This is surely a good thing?

Greg