Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:47:38 -0600
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        CyberMac <cybermac@tuna.egate.net>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DPT SmartRAID V ready yet?

On Saturday, 23 October 1999 at 13:14:01 -0400, CyberMac wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I noticed that FreeBSD has support for DPT SmartRAID III and IV, and is
> still in the process of making SmartRAID V + I2O drivers available for
> this great OS.  However, is there any other way to make SmartRAID V
> working under FreeBSD 3.3-Release (e.g. use the current available Linux
> driver etc..)? If there is, can someone please give me some hints or URLs
> for such workaround?

The drivers for the SmartRAID V are not yet ready, and they won't be
in the immediate future.  I believe that DPT has some interim driver
available, but I haven't seen a lot of enthusiasm for it.  Check out
their web site.

There's no way you can use a Linux driver on FreeBSD (well, you can
take the sources and adapt them, but that's a lot of work).

Greg