Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 00:24:49 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: [emulation] Bug in linux fcntl syscall?

[ Sorry for the bounce, Marcel, but your mail server is listed by ORBS. ]

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>> In general, in which direction is Linux emulation headed?
> Ahead, of course :-)
> But seriously, what do you mean exactly?
> [...]
> Currently, Linux emulation is identical for -stable and -current (as far as
> I can see it). I can't remember any major changes in -current. If a change
> is generally "good" then it shall probably also be applied to -stable as
> well (if at all possible, of course).

This is exactly what I meant! ;-) Sorry for not being clear enough.

> The best thing you can do is to track -stable. That way you'll get the
> best of emulation and stability.

Great. What I was worrying about is having to choose between
  -STABLE/-RELASE for stability
and
  -CURRENT for the best Linux emulation
both of which are required by my users. As far as I remember, before 3.0
this was a serious problem.

> As for the linux-base and linux-devel ports. I'd like to follow the RH
> releases with a couple of weeks/months between the RH release and the
> ports update.

Especially for linux-base tracking these within a couple of weeks would
be great.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

Gerald