Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2017 23:29:06 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Runaway process in -CURRENT

Hi,

cad/stepcode is reported as runaway in -CURRENT. It seems to take
forever to compile chemas/sdai_wip210e3/SdaiAll.cc. (it uses clang
5.0.0)

What strikes me is that it compiles in my machine in about 10 minutes
in 11.1 with clang4.0

I attached a debugger to the c++ process that was eating 100% of the
CPU time and stopped it from time to time to get a backtrace. It is
always in this function:

DAGCombiner::MergeConsecutiveStores

I finally stopped the compilation since it seemed it wasn't going to finish.

Has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks in advance.