Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:57:44 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        haro@kgt.co.jp
Cc:        sam@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iwi0 "need multicast update callback"

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 8:09 AM,  <haro@kgt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> After updating my pc today, I'm getting following message on the console.
> As it seems to be working ok, but is there any way to get rid of it?
>
>   iwi0: need multicast update callback

I noticed this with the ndis driver also. I searched the code and
found that this is coming from the null_update_mcast function in
/sys/net80211/ieee802.c

To get rid of this notification will require updating the iwi and ndis
drivers to seperate multicast update and promisc update into seperate
functions:

ic->ic_update_mcast = null_update_mcast;
ic->ic_update_promisc = null_update_promisc;
:
/*
 * Synchronize flag bit state in the parent ifnet structure
 * according to the state of all vap ifnet's.  This is used,
 * for example, to handle IFF_PROMISC and IFF_ALLMULTI.
 */
void
ieee80211_syncifflag_locked(struct ieee80211com *ic, int flag)

This is to allow  the ieee80211_syncifflag_locked function to update
the parent ifnet structure.

Search the other wireless drivers (i.e ath) on how the conversion was made.

Scot