Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:26:24 -0500
From:      "Corey G." <ctgaff@home.com>
To:        Joey Hofstede <joey@vulcan.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BRAVO 4.4 TEAM!

Funny you mention the miibus problem.  When I compiled RC3 and forgot to
include miibus and only had fxp, "make config" complained about missing
miibus.  However, release 4.4 did not seem to complain if it was
missing.  I am not sure if I am mistaken here but I do believe something
may have changed or has been left out.  I might be incorrect but can no
longer verify the scenario.

-CG

On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 02:14:52AM +0200, Joey Hofstede wrote:
> Hmmmm,
>
> Ok 4.4 is a nice release, but....
>
> I had in /boot/loader.conf:
> if_fxp_load="YES"
>
> AND of cource NO 'option' about miibus or fxp in kernel config file  ;-)
>
> Don't ask me why, I received a very nice trap error upon boot. ;-(
> Untill I read release notes, compiled miibus and fxp into the kernel,
> the clouds disappeared.
>
> Than again, 4.4 have some nice new features.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Joey Hofstede
> "There is no spoon..."  -The Matrix-

---end quoted text---