Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 01:23:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware question

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Vladimir N. Silyaev wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 04:03:21PM -0800, Annelise Anderson wrote:
> > well, but is still having trouble with both floppies and with the
> > network.
> What kind of problem with floppies. I hope that you were read README
> file, and know about disk status issue.

I know it thinks there's always a floppy in the drive.  I've tried
starting it with and without a floppy in the drive, and attached and
not attached on startup.  It can never read the the floppy. NT says
the is media is not recognized; it may not be formatted.  The virtual
msdos 6.22 machine can, however, read the disks (as can everything
else), and the msdos 6.22 vm disk can be mounted as another drive
for the virtual NT, so there are means of communication.

> > It is always unable to set up ethernet0, or else it thinks the device
> > is busy.  The config file in /usr/local/etc/vmware/config has a
> > vmnet1.HostOnlyAddress in it, although I'm trying to do bridged
> > networking.
> Please, to read documentation.
> Now only so called hostonly networking is supported.

Sorry, I hadn't understood it.  It's working now.  Really quite
amazing--thanks.
> --
> Vladimir Silyaev

	Annelise