Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:27:08 +0100
From:      "Leif Neland" <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Must root be on slice 'a'?

http://geodsoft.com/howto/dualboot/freebsd.htm
writes this:To install a new FreeBSD system, you must create a new '/' =
file system at a minimum. If you do this in a slice with an existing '/' =
partition the previous system will become inaccessible. You can normally =
tell that there is a previous '/' mounted in the current slice, if any =
existing partition name ends in an 'a'.=20

Does this imply that I must rename my slices, that I can't boot from =
/dev/ad1s3e ?

Leif