Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:47:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM?

I finally figured this out.  To use CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM with a cvs
pserver you need to have the environment variable set server-side.  That
means something like invoking a wrapper from inetd which sets the
environment variable and the calls cvs.

Completely undocumented behavior and not terribly transparent.

I'm working on some instructions at:

http://www.scriptkiddie.org/freebsd/setting_up_local_repo.html