Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 12:08:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Buildworld from old -current

I'm trying to do a buildworld of a cvsup from today, from my December vintage
-current.  The first thing I did was to do a make install from
/usr/src/share/mk.  If I set BINFORMAT=elf, it dies because it doesn't
understand .section, and if I set BINFORMAT=aout, it dies when it tries to
build strip for a second time.  It appears that
  make -DBINFORMAT=aout -DNOCLEAN
gets me past the problem with strip.  I deleted /usr/src and /usr/obj before
doing the cvsup.  Is there anything I need to worry about because I'm
spcifying -DNOCLEAN?

I also tried to ftp to current.freebsd.org to get to the snapshots, but it
seems to be incommunicado.  Is this still the snapshot machine?