Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:07:30 +0200
From:      Sicco Miedema <s.miedema@home.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD as VPN server

First of all I'd like to thank the people who sent me the usefull FreeBSD
links. Practice makes perfect: This time i configured the server in two
days (and went to the pub in the mean time ;-)
Now my server is up and running, it still needs one thing: VPN to acces my
network from work/school.
Since I am a poor student, I can't afford a shiny new laptop so I bought a
rickety old machine for 150 euro's :)

Here's the plan:
connect the rickety laptop to the vpn server and then use the
terminalservices client to take over my desktop

laptop (win98) --> internet --> vpn (freebsd) --> terminal server (winxp)

The problem:
I don't know wich program to use..  vpnd,  pppopie etc. I've been searching
using google and haven't found anything usefull :(

It doesn't have to be state of the art as long as i can connect any remote
windows machine to the vpn (and join the network)

Yours sincerely,

Sicco Miedema