Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 1997 12:16:01 +0000
From:      "Aly Sadrudin Pirbhai Dharshi" <dharshi@ic.utando.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD

Hi there,

    I am a Computer Science 1st year really interested in using unix
on my notebook. Well I have been torn between linux and freebsd and
someone suggested that I try freebsd.

   Well I had some questions and I thought of asking them. Well my
machine is a toshiba tecra 720cdt with a P133 and 16 megs of edo ram
with approx 132 mb free on my HD. Well I am currently running win95
and I am abit jittery about installing unix but i am not a fan either
of win95. I am really scared of partitioning my HD in fear of losing
all my software and data. I am also quite curious about the
win95-freebsd co-exsistance. How do they co-exsist? Will I be able to
run some/most of my win95 programs on freebsd?

   What about the shut down of the machine which win95 does for me
automatically how does freebsd do that? Does it support advanced
power management?

    Well kindly answer these questions please!! Hoping to hear from
you soon,

   Aly Dharshi.

--------
Aly Dharshi