Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:19:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@cncn.com>
To:        Joonkon Kim <emailme@2xtreme.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running two OS's on one computer?

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Joonkon Kim wrote:

> 	I have a 166 Mhz MMX computer with Windows 95 currently as the OS.  I have
> a 3.5 GB hard drive partitioned into C: and D: drives, and would like to
> have FreeBSD installed on my computer, but I do want to use Windows
> applications.  Is there a way I can keep Win95 on C: and FreeBSD on D: so
> that I can use both OSs?  Even though the two are not physically separate
> drives?  Thanks in advance for any comments.
>
> -Joonkon Kim

I have a 4G drive. When the computer came, it had to 2G partitions. In the
partition editor, during the install process, delete "sd0s1", or "wd0s1"
(depending on whether or not you are using a SCSI drive) and replace it
with a FBSD partition. It will install in to that partition and not touch
C:

You would have to install BootEasy, or another bootmanager in order to
choose which OS to boot.

	-Spike Gronim
	 spork@cncn.com

		"Hacker, n: One who hacks real good"