Date:      Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:34:56 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.3Release status?

--------------enig6968CA0EEA362EEA50D362A2

On 04/07/2011 13:57, Leon Me=DFner wrote:
> is there already any information regarding the release process of 8.3
> available ? On http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html 8.2 is still
> listed under the "Upcoming release schedule" section. I'm too curious t=
> see which work/project made the release (like=20
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Releng/8.2TODO for 8.2).

The next release will be 9.0-RELEASE which is what everyone is preparing
for at the moment.  The release process for that is still in the early
stages, and it isn't yet clear exactly what new stuff will be in 9.0.

8.3-RELEASE would happen in the cycle following 9.0-RELEASE.  Release
cycles tend to be spaced 4+ months apart, at least.  Also, releases will
be held up to fix show-stopper bugs or other problems, so the schedule
may well slip

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20