Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 04:15:55 -0800
From:      Mauro Castaldi <mauro.castaldi@intercom.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Deinstall FreeBSD

Hi !

I have a quite serious problem. I used FIPS to get around 100 MB of free
space allocated to a FreeBSD partition on my second hard disk (IDE 420
MB). This process made a backup of the boot sector of my harddisk and so
on. Now I messed up everything and the boot sector backup (about 1k) is
alone without any chance to boot up because I screwed the COMMAND.COM and
so on. Moreover, I really messed up my hard disk partition table and I
lost the 100 MB I have allocated to FreeBSD. So this is the situation :
- I've got the two ROOTBOOT.000 and ROOTBOOT.001
- I've got 100 MB missing free space on drive D: (0x81)
- Everything runs fine as before the accident

HELP ME ! I don't know what to do... :(((

--
Bye. The Surfing Rabbit aka mauro.castaldi@intercom.it
WWW at http://www.intercom.it/~lr/