Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:44:57 -0800
From:      Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   questions on sendmail

Hello, FreeBSDians

Ok, after installing muliti-byte language (Asian fonts) support, now I'm
finally ready to work on my mail.  I have a small LAN (3 box, one FreeBSD
box working as gateway) with 192.168.x.x and I have a cable modem
connection with static IP.  If I send mail to local without domain (mail
loginname < message), it sends properly.  When I add my domain name from my
ISP, it doesn't work.  Do I need to do relay?  Can anyone point me right
direction?  Also, I have a couple of other emails I need to check besides
ISP ones (for my work and school), is it possible to check multiple email
accounts?  I'm guessing FreeBSD can do and much more what MSWin is doing.

One more thing.  I wasn't going to register a domain until I have some free
time to design my web site, but it seems like registering one will make my
life with FreeBSD more easier.  (Currently I just put my ISP's domain for
my FreeBSD).  Is it good idea?  How do I relate this to my ISP?  I read
that I need to talk to ISP to add my domain into their DNS, is that
right?  How about if I install my own DNS ...What does that
accomplish?  Don't I need at least two DNS servers to register
domain?  What's that all about?

I'm sorry for asking too many basic questions at one time.  Please SHARE
YOUR KNOWLEDGES, and help a lost soul.

Thank you.