Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:39:49 -0500
From:      Clarence_Griffin@ed.gov (Clarence Griffin)
To:        Eddie Lawhead <eddie@silk.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: can I delete '/usr/ports'? safely?

     thanks for the answer Eddie,

     I did do a 'make clean' but it did not reclaim enough disk space to
     allow me to use the /usr directore (du = 103%)

     I abandoned the the effort in favor of a complete reinstall, and
     redistribution of the disk space .

     I had no data on the system, and wanted to move forward rapidly.

     Thanks again for you help

     dg