Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 1996 14:09:54 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Charoenchai Kiranantawat <ckt@buarchive.bu.ac.th>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRCD again please!

On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Charoenchai Kiranantawat wrote:
> > I have compile and install IRCD on my FreeBSD 2.1.0R,My IRC server cannot
> > talk to outside WORLD and serve only one connection,does anyone
> > point me out what the problems is.
>
> What IRC network have you arranged to have your server connected to?
> It may be that your hub hasn't added the proper C/N lines in their
> conf file for you.
> (Or you have not added them to your conf file.)

I use C/N defaults value from example.conf,does it work?

# ident is allowed in the server's hostname part of the field.
# these lines tell the server to automatically (note the port number, that
# means automatic connection) connect to cs-ftp.bu.edu:
C:hrose@cs-ftp.bu.edu:bigspark:cs-ftp.bu.edu:6667:10
N:hrose@cs-ftp.bu.edu:bigalpha:cs-ftp.bu.edu::10
#
# This server's connection lines are more vanilla, masking the host to
# *.bu.edu (as described above):
C:irc-2.mit.edu:camelsrk00l:irc-2.mit.edu::2
N:irc-2.mit.edu:andsoarellamas:irc-2.mit.edu:1:2
#
# H: [OPTIONAL]. These lines define who you permit to act as a "hub" to
# you (that is, who you permit to connect non-leafed servers to you).
#
# the first field may use wildcards, the third field *must* be an exact
# match for a server's name (NOT a server's hostname, if they differ, the
# server's name must be used). If the servername is a wildcard (e.g. *.au)
# that is an acceptable name for the third field.
#
# The fields are as follows:
# H:servers which are permitted entry::hub server
#
# Example, permit cs-ftp.bu.edu to allow any servers behind it to connect:
H:*::cs-ftp.bu.edu
#
# Example, permit irc-2.mit.edu to allow any MIT servers behind it to
# connect:
H:*.mit.edu::irc-2.mit.edu
H:*.bu.ac.th::irc.bu.ac.th
#