Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:04:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Hagan <dhagan@cs.vt.edu>
To:        jgrosch@MooseRiver.com
Cc:        Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: User base statistics?

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Josef Grosch wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 11:40:00AM -0400, Seth wrote:
> > I'm not looking for specific TYPES of servers (web, ftp, whatever)... I'm
> > looking for a total count of FreeBSD systems out there -- including those
> > not being used to provide any services, and those that might not be
> > directly Internet-connected.
>
> I run the FreeBSD Counter Page which is at;
>
>   http://www.bafug.org/FbsdCounterPage.html
>
> As of a few minutes ago we have 37,849 registered users in our database.
> This database is shared with the FreeBSD project and Walnut Creek CDROM. I
> must admit that I have not done a very good job promoting this page.

Is there any possibility of getting the page to show the number of
machines running FreeBSD as opposed to the number of users who have
registered?  When I registered, I had about 100 machines that used
FreeBSD, but the counter only went up by 1 if I recall correctly.

Or I'm getting senile too, and it really did go up 100. ;-)

Daniel

--
Daniel Hagan
Computer Systems Engineer