Date:      Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:09:09 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Booker Apelin <eulogio.apelin@lava.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Weird output from portupgrade at the end of upgrading ruby

Booker Apelin wrote:
[ ... ]
> So that being said, the new version of ruby seems to be installed but this
> output at the end is very strange. Should I check on anything? Everything
> seems ok.

You tend to get those messages when you upgrade Ruby while running portupgrade
(since you're replacing the language portupgrade is written in).  You can
avoid the issue by doing a "make deinstall / make reinstall" combo in the
appropriate port directories rather than using portupgrade to rebuild ruby or
itself.

Don't be too concerned about the warnings, though.  If you re-run portupgrade
a second time after updating, you should be fine.

--
-Chuck