Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:16:48 -0400
From:      Dan Pritts <danno@umich.edu>
To:        Earl Lapus <earl.lapus@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf state options

i don't know the answer to your question, but can tell you that
there appears to be a bug in "set limit" parsing.  it probably won't
affect you on states, but just in case, here goes:

If i put this in a pf.conf:

  set limit table-entries 500000

and then try to load a table with more than the default number
of entries, it pukes.

If i instead make a special /etc/pf.set (name not significant) with just
the set limit command, and then do this:

  /sbin/pfctl -f /etc/pf.set; /sbin/pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf

it works as i'd want.

I assume this is because the tables are loaded before the limits
are raised.  oops.