Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:06:13 -0800
From:      "Kent Ketell" <kketell@juniper.net>
To:        "Karl Pielorz" <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: RAID Controllers Supported?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you tell me how the DPT interacts with the O/S?  If there
is a problem will the O/S notice (like a drive dies).  If a
disk should fail does the DPT automagically rebuild the RAID?

I was also looking at an external sub-system using the CMD
controllers in a fully-redundant config.  I have used this
before in a BSDI system with no problems, but wanted to see
if the DPT solution would perhaps be better, as well as less $$$.

-Kent-