Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 06:17:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      " steve  howe" <un_x@hotmail.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   profile probs

i tried this out on "questions" a few times, but never got a reply.
\
2.1.5 - sh ...
regarding ~/.profile.  any alias as the 1st non-comment line will
show up in a following alias command, but will not function, resulting
in an "alias: not found" error.  and secondly, if i use:
export ENV=~/.shinit INSTEAD OF ENV=~/.shinit; export ENV ...
~/.shinit never gets called on any "sh" startups ... ???
\
lastly, can anyone tell me where to find C functions that will
allow me to position the cursor on a screen AND change text
field colors?  something similiar to Borlands "gotoxy()" ???
\
i see alot of stuff in header files and spent hours wandering around,
but am not enough of a BSD hacker to make much of anything ...
is there a typical method of finding out what you're after ?
(other than apropos, and man directories ...)