Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2014 18:14:18 -0500
From:      Michael Gass <mgass@csbsju.edu>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   New Xorg with vt, radeon, and 10-stable

I'm running 10-stable with AMD64.  My graphics card is
AMD RV610 Radeon HD 24000.

I installed xorg with xf86-video-ati. The xorg server runs
and terminates just fine, but I cannot get back to syscons.
This seems to be the current state with this video card
and 10-stable - according to
wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/WITH_NEW_XORG
-the window/system seems to freeze, but I can blindly type commands.

Since my card is RV610 and I am on 10-stable and using X.Org 1.12,
it does not look like vt-switching is available to me. If that
is the case, would I be able to build WITHOUT_NEW_XORG in 10-stable
and have things work the old way?  Or should I be able to use vt?

Thanks,

Mike Gass