Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 03:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/30679: Update port: Sablot-0.70

The following reply was made to PR ports/30679; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
To: skv@protey.ru
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:42:36 +0900

 At Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:42:06 +0400,
 skv@protey.ru wrote:
 > Update port: Sablot-0.70 (new version)
 (snip)
 > -lib/libsablot.so.65
 > +lib/libsablot.so.70

 I think this library bumps the major version too aggressively.  Does
 it really keep getting incompatible with previous versions?

 I suggest you patch the Makefile to give it a proper major version so
 we do not need to fix all the depenent ports every time we update the
 Sablotron port.

 --
                      /
                     /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

 "Freeze this moment a little bit longer, make each impression
   a little bit stronger..  Experience slips away -- Time stand still"