Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:43:15 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <mmendez@gmail.com>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer + bktr

Hi there,

On 11/13/05, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:00, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> > > The first is that when you force it to capture audio (so mute and vol=
ume
> > > control work, or you can use mencoder) it does about 0.25 fps :( It
> > > doesn't appear to be using heaps of CPU or anything so I am not sure =
what
> > > the problem is.
> >
> > I haven't tried this yet but can give it a go.
>
> If you add immediatemode=3D0 to the tv args it will do it.

I've just tried that and the speed drops to something like 5-6 fps.
Interesting problem.

> > After trying to figure out why tv support wasn't there I've added the
> > " --enable-tv-bsdbt848" to the configure args and it's warking
> > flawlessly on my AMD64 box. This is 0.99.7_6. The output is crystal
> > clear here.
>
> Hmm, I didn't think I needed to do that, but I am not 100% sure.

The reason I did that was because before doing so mplayer complained
about the bsdbt848 driver not being there. I don't think it's related
to your problem.

> > Have you tried with xawtv and fxtv? Does the problem only show with
> > mplayer? What other build options did you enable when building the
> > software?
>
> I don't use either of those, but a small program I wrote which captures Y=
UV
> frames and uses the Xv extension doesn't show the problem.

Since this bug is reproducible next step would be building a mplayer
binary with -g and try to find out what's going on. Maybe you could
try the mplayer lists to see if this problem appears on other systems.
I'll try to do some research as well.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez <mmendez@gmail.com>