Date:      Wed, 17 May 2017 20:04:36 +0200
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zpool imported twice with different names (was Re: Fwd: ZFS)

On 05/16/2017 05:08 PM, Fabian Keil wrote:
> Why did you use the -f flag? Unless you can reproduce the
> problem without it, it's not obvious to me that this is a
> bug.

If you boot from another system, there is no other way to
import a pool than using "import -f". So, I guess it is
part of normal administrative tasks. You can read more here:

> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/gazuf/index.html

This works and always have worked as documented.
Renaming a pool also works as documented, that is,
doing "zpool import oldnamepool newnamepool". Except
for this corner-case. IMHO this is a very serious bug.

Best,
Nikos