Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:57:31 -0500
From:      Jerry Bell <jerry@reillyplating.com>
To:        "Graves, Scott" <Scott_Graves@sealand.com>
Cc:        "'Eric Hodel'" <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cannot login to FreeBSD box running Samba

There is a bit more to it that just setting encrypted passwords = yes.
You also have to create the smbpasswd file and add the related commands
in smb.conf.  See www.samba.org for details (under documentation there
should be some details about encryption)
OR, add this key to the NT box registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
"EnablePlainTextPassword"=dword:00000001

Jerry