Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:33:40 -0700
From:      Andrew Falanga <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to make sendmail listen on an address other than the loopback

Hi,

I'm trying to get an e-mail system working for my church (whitneybaptist.org).
I've added a file called local-host-names in /etc/mail as described in the
Handbook, then did "/etc/rc.d/sendmail restart" and then did "sockstat | grep
sendmail" and got the following results:

root     sendmail   32889 3  tcp4   127.0.0.1:25          *:*
root     sendmail   32889 4  dgram  -> /var/run/logpriv
smmsp    sendmail   696   3  dgram  -> /var/run/log

Now, with the exception of the additional file, nothing has been done to this
stock sendmail configuration (system is 6.2-RELEASE-p7).  How would I make
sendmail listen on the ip of 192.168.2.23?  I do have some experience with
sendmail, however, it was several years ago and I've forgotten quite a bit.
Why isn't it listening on that address now?

Andy