Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:13:54 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Warner's new TOPIC/PCI code

In message <20011015132029.A54018@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> j mckitrick writes:
: I decided to just give it a try, after checking out the files.
:
: During the boot process, it reports the ToPIC bridge, but for each card,
: it reports 'Static bug: hardware ignored'.
:
: Is this the one you mean?

It means that the chip was polled and returned 0xff for its change
register.  that can't happen (since there's ony 4 bits defined in that
register) except on boards that a) aren't there or b) have gone away
due to, I think, static discharge.  We have several in the lab at work
that do that.

However, that only happens for polling.  Which means you are using ISA
interrupts.  Can you verify that you are using pci interrupts?

Warner