Date:      14 Jan 2002 13:33:40 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.rit.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 on Low Memory Computer

Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.rit.edu> writes:

> I think I'll get to work on that PR before anyone else gets tripped up
> by the outaded docs...

I have a FreeBSD FAQ (built early Dec) that says (item 2.5.) that 5 MB
is needed for install, 4 MB to run typical kernel.  I recall reading
several times (in 2001) that the numbers were 12 & 8, but I don't know
where. You might get more/better answers on -stable, saying that you're
preparing a PR about it.  You might also ask on -current as it might be
significantly different for CURRENT (AKA 5.x).