Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 18:46:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vic and Quickcam

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Jakob Alvermark wrote:

> > b)  See if your network requires the use of mbone.  Some have been set up
> > with ``native'' multicast which works without any additional modification.
>
> What do you mean by my "network"? And how do you mean require use of
> mbone? You have to excuse me, I´m new to this.

That didn't come out the way I expected. I meant to say, does your network
require the use of mrouted?  For instance, our Cisco routers at the U of O
have "native multicast" enabled, so I don't need to run mrouted -- it just
works.  :)

> > I have a program called `xfqcam' which can view the quickcam.  I think it
> > even uses the kernel interface.  I don't know, I have the libraries laying
> > around here too...I have lots of stuff from the qcam I can't use on this
> > machine anymore....:)
>
> Where can I get it? :-)

I will put it at ftp://gdi.uoregon.edu/pub/xfqcam.gz.  Extract and run.