Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 02:11:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   load balancing by rapidly changing routes - mpath?

Hello,

A while ago I asked about lower level load balancing between multiple
routers plus bandwidth management, and someone mentioned mpath and
dummynet. At the time I believe I did a web search for mpath and came up
with exactly what I needed.

This time around I'm not so lucky, I haven't been able to find *anything*
called mpath that has anything to do with FreeBSD or load balancing...

mpath is basically a kernel hack that allows multiple gateways to be
specified in a "route add" style command.

Does anyone have the URL handy or perhaps documentation from a dist which
shows the author's email address or other contact details?

Thanks.

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/