Date:         Sat, 02 Nov 96 12:17 PST
From:      Denis DeLaRoca (310) 825-4580        <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM>
Cc:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: rat available?

On Fri, 01 Nov 1996 22:47:48 -0800,
   Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM> said:

> Yes, I have an old code for rat and compiling the code is not
> a problem -- there is something else that rat does not like about
> freebsd .

Humm? Even if it worked, that old code may be outdated as the audio
packet format has been undergoing changes in versions 2.5 and now
2.6. The other tool is freephone from the INRIA folks. Though it too
is not yet available in source form; a linux version is available.
Both freephone and rat will or are using this new packet format so
they interoperate. Anyway, a FreeBSD version of freephone is too
promised soon.

-- Denis