Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:55:51 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        iwasaki@freebsd.org, imp@village.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: pccard differences between -current and -stable

On 28-Jun-00 Mitsuru IWASAKI wrote:

> It seems that this 0x4000 hack have been there since 5 years ago...
> I'm sorry I couldn't get it, but how about the changes like this;
>       if (sp->mem.cardaddr == 0)
>               sp->mem.cardaddr = 0x4000;

Not good for raylink cards as they want

        sp->mem.cardaddr = 0;

> also, PAO has `cardmem' feature for this kind of purpose if I
> understand correctly, say;
>       cardmem memaddr cardaddr memsize [memflags]
>               :
>      cardio and cardmem keywords are used with cards whose resources such as
>      I/O ports and shared memory block, are not specified in the CIS tuple.
>      base address and size of I/O ports are specified in iobase and iosize,
>      ones of shared memory block are specified in cardaddr, memsize and
>      memaddr. An address of a card is cardaddr, one of host is memaddr. Op-
>      tional flags can be specified in memflags.
>
> and sample configuration is like this;
># IBM Smart Capture Card
> card "IBM Corp\." "Video Capture"
>         config  default "scc0" pio
>         cardmem 0xd4000 0x0 0x8000
>         insert  logger -s Smart Capture Card inserted
>         remove  logger -s Smart Capture Card removed
>
> Do we need this feature?

I don't think so as Warners more recent changes to pccard get all this right.
I have no problem in setting up the raylink cards with a config entry of

card "WebGear" "PC Card WLAN Adapter"
        config  0x01 "ray0" ?

And I need both common and attrbiute memory.

crashme# pccardc rdmap
Mem 0: flags 0x040 host 0xd0000 card 0000 size 49152 bytes
Mem 1: flags 0x050 host 0xdc000 card 0000 size 4096 bytes
Mem 2: flags 0x000 host 0x0 card 0000 size 0 bytes
Mem 3: flags 0x000 host 0x0 card 0000 size 0 bytes
Mem 4: flags 0x000 host 0x0 card 0000 size 0 bytes
I/O 0: flags 0x000 port 0x  0 size 0 bytes
I/O 1: flags 0x000 port 0x  0 size 0 bytes

Duncan

---