Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:00:57 -0400
From:      Ken Easson <apple@justken.net>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvnet on MSI K8NGM2 motherboard & FreeBSD

Hello,

I've recently purchased a new AMD64 bases system with an all in one
motherboard. K8NGM2 on board is the nVidia 10/100 MCP51 ethernet
controller.
running freebsd 6.0-RELEASE-p5 the system doesn't detect the ethernet
card. When i boot using acip the system reboots, so i'm booting
without ACIP enabled.

I've been able to install Mandrake and after downloading the drivers
from nvidia's site, the card works. Also i have an Intel Pro 1000
installed - which is what i'm connecting to the internet with now.
I tried to install the port net/nvnet driver, however, i get a stop:

lot's of ../src/if_nv.c:XXXX: error: structure has no member named
'ac_if'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/nvnet/work/nvnet/module.
*** Error code 1

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ken