Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@yahoo.com>
To:        Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libcdio upgrade problems

Jennifer Nussbaum"  writes:

|> Im trying to upgrade some ports, and have a problem with libcdio. At
least i
|> think i do.
|>
|> When i try to upgrade, say, Nautilus (or a buncha other things), it
dies in the
|> end with a "libcdio-0.78.2_2 is already installed. You may wish to
make deinstall"
|> etc. message.
|>
|> But i did go to /usr/ports/sysytils/libcdio and make deinstall and
make reinstall,
|> and this was successful. I sync'd the ports collection again, but no
luck. Nothing
|> in UPDATING about this.
|
| Sounds like the dependencies are confused.  pkgdb(1) may help with
| that.  If not, the brute force approach would be to remove the
| affected ports all the way back to (and including) libcdio, and build
| them over.
| I havent been able to figure out how to fix things with pkgdb. And i
have tried, over and over, to remove the affected ports and build them
from scratch but it hasnt been working.

| So i went to libcdio and did a make deinstall, deleted the work files,
and did a make install clean, and it installed fine. Then i tried to
build gvfs, also by doing a make install clean, and it died in the same
way--telling me to make deinstall and make reinstall of libcdio.

| Ive tried this several times with no luck. If theres an even more
brute force way id like to know what it is so i can do that. This is
preventing a lot of other upgrades to GNOME, which i need.

Not to point out the obvious, but you're sure your port tree is up-to-date?

Yes as i said in my first post i resynced ports before this, and just did it again to make sure. No changes to this port or any of the others involved.

Jen