Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:47:31 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
To:        Arnvid Karstad <arnvid@karstad.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems compiling world in 5.2.1-pX?

Arnvid Karstad wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:37:26 +0200 - Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > This particular warning with optimizations superior to -O has been fixed in
> > -CURRENT.  There are still other problems with high optimization levels
> > though.
>

> Altho the error was a syntax error not an optimization error....

Er, no.  The error wasn't even an error, it was a warning.  If it was a
syntax error, building with -O wouldn't work either.  The build stopped
because we're using -Werror to avoid regressions.  The fact that this
warning is only catched with high optimization levels could be considered
a bug in GCC.

Cheers,
Maxime