Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 08:30:05 +0100
From:      andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
To:        uh@NU.cs.fsu.edu (Gang-Ryung Uh)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

Gang-Ryung Uh writes:
> Please allow me to ask you a stupid question.
>
> I downloaded the current-src using cvsup (REL_14_1) with following
> cvs-supfile:

> *default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
>
> ## Main Source Tree.
> #
> # The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
> # mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*" collections,
> # except for "src-eBones" and "src-secure".
> src-all
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Would you tell me what is the next step to be able to issue "make world"
> to build a upto-date current system?

It seems, that you fetched the CVS source repository.
Next step is to set the CVSROOT variable, which points to the
directory, where your CVS repository exists.

After having done this, you checkout FreeBSD-current to /usr/src by
typing:

	cd /usr
	cvs checkout src

If you fetched the ports as well, then you are able to

	cvs checkout ports

After updating the CVS repository using cvsup, then run

	cd /usr
	cvs checkout -P src ports

Hope this helps

	Andreas ///